Ruth Stanton joined Aintree Group in 2022 as an Executive Assistant, working as one of the first points of contact for our business and assisting Graham Haydar with communication and client meetings.
Outside of her work at Aintree Group, Ruth is an artist specialising in printmaking, ceramic sculpture, installations and drawing. Her sculptural work features altered domestic objects and organic hand-shaped forms to depict personal relationships and community interactions. On the other hand, her print work portrays personal identity through domestic objects, figures, and hands.
Before working for Aintree Group, Ruth completed a BFA Honours degree (First Class) from the University of Auckland / Elam School of Fine Arts.
Her work has been featured globally in various exhibitions and installations, including:
- The Third International Binhai Printmaking Exhibition, Tianjin Art Museum, Tianjin, China.
- International Virtual Engravist Printmaking Biennale, Burgundy Hall, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Monsoon Printmaking 2020, Bindu Space for Artists, Lalitpur, Nepal.
- Pride of Place: Julie & Andrew Carter’s Australiana Ceramics Collection, Canberra Museum + Gallery, Canberra, Australia.
- Linden Postcard Show 2020-21, Linden New Art, Melbourne, Australia.
- Emerging Artist Award 2022, Fortyfive Downstairs, Melbourne, Australia.
- Peebles Print Prize 2021, Queenscliff Gallery & Workshop, Queenscliff, Australia.
- Under The Bushel, LUX Light Festival, Wellington, New Zealand.
Very excitingly, Ruth decided to pursue her artistry further and has been in China for the last few months completing a residency at YAC Print Studio in Tianjin. She will also be completing a residency at Guanlan Printmaking Base in 2023.
Here are some examples of her amazing work at YAC Print Studio:
It’s been wonderful to see glimpses of Ruth’s work and experience in China on her Instagram page. If you’d like to follow her, click here. You can also check out her work further and find out more on her website.